Sarasota Psoriasis Center
Copyright 2013 Isaac Zamora, MD | All Rights Reserved |
1219 S. East Avenue - Suite 310
Sarasota, Florida 34239
Schedule an Appointment
Here are some simple things that you can do in conjunction with your prescribed personalized treatment from Dr. Zamora. Whether you have severe acne or occasional breakouts, consistently following these steps could make a substantial difference.
• Change your pillowcase every couple days. Flip it over in between.
• Keep your hair away from your face.
• Do not touch your face except to cleanse/moisturize. Anytime you must touch your face, make sure you first wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
• Cleanse and moisturize every morning and evening. Use lukewarm/cool water, never hot. We recommend Isaac Zamora MD medical grade Acne Defense cleanser and moisturizer. The Acne Correction Pads are also great for quick freshen ups throughout the day and to treat at bedtime.
• Change the hand towel in your bathroom often. Do not use the same towel that you use for your hands to dry your face after cleansing. Use tissues to blot your face and leave it slightly moist before applying serum/moisturizer.
• Sanitize your smart phone with antibacterial wipes. If you use it a lot, do this every night. Same for the phone you use at work or home.
• If you wear make up, always cleanse thoroughly before bed. Never go to bed with make up on your skin.
• Clean and sanitize makeup brushes every two weeks. If you're breaking out a lot, do this every week. Same for tweezers/razors/electric shavers.
• Buy lightweight and oil-free products with “non-comedogenic” on the label. Avoid heavy, greasy products that contain ingredients like mineral oils and cocoa butter.
• Avoid shampoos and conditioners with fragrance/chemicals.
• Pay attention to what you are eating and how your skin responds. Try removing chocolate from your diet for a couple weeks and see if it helps. Then remove dairy and see if that makes a difference. Be sure to cut out sodas/colas/pop.
• Pay attention to your time in the sun. A little sun while wearing a lightweight, non-comedogenic sunscreen is okay, but too much can cause breakouts.
• Exercise. You'll find tons of research online on why this is so helpful for clear skin.
• Drink more water. Water helps get rid of the toxins that cause blemishes. If you have an aversion to drinking water, add lemon, mint or other natural and healthy flavorings.
• Give your prescription treatment and new products time to work. Do not expect a miracle overnight. Be regimented. Stick with it and you will see results!
Schedule an Appointment